James&Jack

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday 4 April 2012

My pregnancy story

Ok so here is a little bit about my pregnancy since im starting this blog after I had my babies. 

We found out I was pregnant in July 2011 we wernt trying to get pregnant so that should answer any "Was it IVF?" no it was not.. it was a natural conception. We were very excited to find out we were going to have a baby though, and in August when we found out we were having twins we were even more excited!! 

This picture is the first one I took when I found out.. so its at the 7 week mark..Wow i reallllyyy hope i can get my tummy back!!!!!

7 weeks
8 weeks

9 weeks (got sunburnt)

11 weeks

12 weeks

13 weeks
There is a gap between 13 and 19 weeks.. we ended up moving into Brandons grandma & grandpas so we could save up some money..and i guess i got lazy with pictures..

19 weeks

22 weeks
Again another big gap with no pictures :(
28 weeks

30 weeks

34 weeks

36 weeks

My pregnancy went pretty well.. there wernt any problems with the boys growth or anything.. I had ultrasounds every 2 weeks! ughh that was crazy and i had doctors appointments every 2 weeks and then every week for like the last month and a half. Because they were identical twins sharing the same placenta my obgyn wanted me to take iron suppliments aswell as my regular pre-natal vitamin. She also informed me that she would only allow me to go to 38 weeks gestation because they may start to get to cramped inside my belly and start to cause problems! I really think i would have made it to 40 weeks because my cervix NEVER CHANGED at all up to the 38 week mark.. and i barely had braxton hicks at all.

I would have loved to have an all natural vaginal birth.. actual i dreamed about it.. i really wanted it so bad.. but my little jackie boy decided he wanted to be born another way.. Jack was baby A and he was breach from about 30 weeks mark.. They discovered that his umbilical cord was "looped" around his neck and that was most likely what was preventing him from flipping around.. I crossed my fingers and prayed that he would somehow end up flipping so I could have my natural birth.. but February 21st rolled around the C section day and he was still breach.. 

This is a picture of me on the morning we were going to the hospital 
37 weeks and 5 days !
Keep in mind it was like 5 am and of course I didnt sleep so I look awful!! haha but im HUGE!

One last picture to make up for that hideous one..
This is my fav picture of me pregnant.. I was around 26 weeks pregnant



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the crazy world of twin mommy hood! Your little one's are precious. I am a new follower and twin mama visiting from Kelly's Korner. Can't wait to learn more about you and your family :)
    xoxo
    Andrea
    http://twins-happen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love finding new twin mommy blogs!! I will check yours out!
    :)

    ReplyDelete